I have been eating a lot of meat lately, guys. I promise I’ll come back to my quinoa and veggies soon, but I do think I am filling the animal protein void in my blog.
This Sweet Potato Apple Hash was the result of me wanting a very substantial breakfast, something savory with protein. With an extra cooked chicken breast in the fridge, this is an easy meal to pull together quickly and the leftovers of the hash are just as delicious.
You can pretty much eat this for any meal- I made it for breakfast, but ate the leftovers another day alongside some sautéed brussel sprouts for lunch.
If you included some spinach and onion, this could be a complete dinner for the family. It will keep you healthy during this influenza season, thanks to all the good vitamins and minerals in these delicious sweet potatoes!
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 small)
- 1 small pink lady apple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- Precook the sweet potato in the microwave for ~4 minutes- make sure to poke it with a fork so it doesn't explode! You want it to be soft enough to chop up into bite size pieces.
- Chop up the apple as well. This is a good time to cook a chicken breast if you haven't already.
- Sautee the apple and sweet potato in a pan with olive oil. Try to let the mixture sit in the pan for 4 minutes at a time on medium heat so you can get a nice sear on the sweet potatoes and the apples.
- While that is cooking down, chop up a cooked chicken breast and add it to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once everything is warm, serve!