In the summer, there is nothing better than an huge salad chock full of delicious, bold flavors: no oven, no stove, and barely any chopping required. Meet the Guacamole Greens Salad- my old favorite salad from Sweetgreen, an East Coast salad eatery that happened to be 3 blocks from my old DC apartment.
I would frequently meet friends there for dinner- ordering my staple Guacamole Greens, but switching out their Cilantro Lime Jalapeño Vinaigrette for a milder salad dressing. The other day, in an attempt to quell a craving, I recreated the Guacamole Greens Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (adapted from All Recipes): conveniently leaving out the jalapeño! My new summer copycat recipe salad was born.
- ½ Hass avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes
- ¼ small red onion
- 5 cups mesclun lettuce
- 6 ounces rotisserie chicken
- 6 tortilla chips
- Wedges of lime
- ¼ of a bunch of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon stoneground mustard
- Pinch of salt and garlic powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- Cube avocado, slice grape tomatoes, and chop the red onion.
- Divide lettuce between two plates and top with chopped vegetables, shredded rotisserie chicken, and crushed tortilla chips.
- In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Blend until most of the cilantro is dispersed, and adjust to taste.
- Serve the salad with the cilantro lime vinaigrette and wedges of lime to squeeze on top.
By picking up a rotisserie chicken (or make some crockpot shredded chicken), some veggies, and a bag of your favorite tortilla chips to crumble on top, this salad comes together in 10 minutes. The vinaigrette adds amazing flavor, but if you’re in a pinch, lime juice and some olive oil would suffice too.