Moscow Mule Monday? Moscow Mules are my favorite cocktail to whip up- an easy combination of ginger beer (non-alcoholic), vodka, and lime juice. I always pick up limes at the grocery store for an easy Mexican meal… or cocktails. It’s nice to be able to mix up exactly what you’re craving to go with a meal or impress a friend when they stop by in the evening.
Better than offering a drink, I am upping my game by adding boozy cocktail popsicles to my repertoire (err.. freezer!). These will not hold together with the addition of any additional booze, leaving them as a lower-booze option that tastes refreshing and light from the ginger and lime flavors.
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 8 ounces ginger beer (non-alcoholic)
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Make simple syrup by combining ¼ cup white sugar with ¼ cup water in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Allow it to cool and measure out one ounce for this recipe.
- Combine all ingredients in a large cup or bowl to allow the ginger beer to fizz. You will have a total liquid yield of about 12 ounces. Keep extra simple syrup in the fridge for cocktails, etc.
- Add mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
- To remove popsicles from molds, run the mold under warm water until they release easily.
While these drinks melt relatively quickly, the smaller size compared to an average copper cup is the perfect amount of a drink for me. I used this popsicle mold from Amazon- but I think a different making more popsicles would make an adult popsicle party very successful.
Looking for more boozy recipes? Check out my Recipe ReDux friends below who have gotten quite ‘spirited’ this month…
[inlinkz_linkup id=419760 mode=1]