I don’t even know how to start this post except by saying that this is one of my favorite recipes ever. While taking the photos and not trying to smash the breakfast-meets-dessert waffle sundae into my mouth, I just knew these were bound to be good. And holy cow (like my pun?), I was right.
I previously made a Raspberry Coconut Chia Seed Pudding recipe for Noosa, and now I schemed with them on a new recipe using Noosa Plain Yoghurt. This rich, thick yoghurt has no added sugar or honey and is a serious treat – it definitely takes this waffle sundae concept from plain to insane by mimicking the velvety mouth-feel of ice cream.
- 4 multigrain waffles
- 2 small bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- 8 ounces Noosa plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- Cherries for topping
- Make your favorite waffle recipe or toast 4 frozen multigrain waffles.
- Slice bananas in half lengthwise and dice strawberries.
- On 2 plates, place a waffle on the bottom with a bit of yogurt and then add a banana sliced in half and a few diced strawberries. Layer the next waffle and top with a little less than a ½ cup yogurt.
- Whisk together maple syrup and cocoa powder and drizzle over the waffle sundaes.
- Garnish with the additional diced strawberries, chopped nuts, and a cherry.
If we want to get technical, this recipe is more like a confused banana split filled with healthy fats and protein, but a breakfast waffle sundae sounds more elegant. Whole grain waffles, creamy yogurt, fresh fruit, cocoa-spiked maple syrup, crunchy walnuts and a cherry… let’s go with it for breakfast – who’s coming over?
Want to experience the magic of Noosa Plain in the privacy of your own home? Leave a comment below letting me know how you enjoy plain yogurt and I’ll pick one lucky duck by next Monday, August 4th to get some coupons in the mail to try it out!
Disclaimer: I received Noosa Yoghurt for recipe development. The giveaway is sponsored by Noosa. All opinions are my own.