There is something I love about jazzing my yogurt up with fun toppings – whether it be sliced fruit, toasted granola, or chopped nuts. Probiotics and healthy fats aside, eating a yogurt is a satisfying way for me to curb my sweet tooth daily, and this minty strawberry concoction is no exception.
This yogurt parfait combines some of my favorite summer flavors into a 10 minute breakfast that feels like far more: juicy warm strawberries cooked into almost-puree, heightened with a bit of mint flavor, and swirled with plain low fat yogurt and crunchy granola bites (I made a quick batch of my favorite seedy & nutty granola).
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup granola
- Slice strawberries and add them to a small pot with the tablespoon of water and ½ tablespoon of maple syrup..
- Cook on medium-low for 5 minutes until bubbling and liquidy.
- Turn off the heat and stir in one tablespoon of chopped mint.
- In two cups, layer yogurt, granola, and the strawberries and their liquid a few times. Garnish with additional mint and fresh strawberries.
While this serves 2, it could also be made smaller and be the perfect brunch appetizer to your weekend spread with friends in little bite size shot glasses. Yes please.