I finally went to one of those olive oil/balsamic vinegar stores. You know, where you sample flavored oil oils and vinegars like fine wines? Kind of a weird experience but totally delicious in terms of elevating a simple salad- and of course I left with my favorite sample, the peach white balsamic.
Here is a sample of what I’ll throw together when I’m home on the weekend and need a quick salad. Fancy balsamic definitely elevates this, but there’s nothing better than the sweet grapes + toasty crunchy walnuts + creamy goat cheese with baby lettuces. Add some peachy white balsamic? Swoon.
- ⅛ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup red grapes
- 2 cups baby greens mix
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fruity white balsamic vinegar
- In a pan on low heat, toast walnuts until a few dark spots appear and they are warm. Chop them up a bit.
- Slice firm red grapes in half.
- Plate baby greens (mine was a mix of chard, kale, and spinach) on a plate and top with chopped toasted walnuts, sliced grapes, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the salad.
Use any fruit, nut, and cheese combo you want. Besides this, some of my favorites are apple + sunflower seed + manchego or pear + pecan + gouda.
Are you team green grape or red grape? Team fancy balsamic or who cares about salad dressing?