Almond Latte Nut Butter is a perfect blend of warm comforting flavors – almond extract, cinnamon, and espresso powder take a basic almond butter recipe to the next level. This nut butter has been one year in the making.
About this time last year, I won a year’s supply of almonds in a recipe contest. What does a year supply of almonds look like? 1 pound of almonds a month! I’m not even embarrassed to say that I’ve taken care of all of them (we are rationing our last bag).
I always have a jar of homemade almond butter in the fridge thanks to these almond deliveries – my staple is my Maple Almond Butter recipe (that post has lots of step-by-step photos!). After growing bored of that version, I’ve experimented a few times to make this Almond Latte Nut Butter – a lightly sweetened almond butter with amped up almond and coffee flavors.
- 2½ cups raw unsalted almonds
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Optional 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Put almonds in the food processor and blend for 8-10 minutes, pausing to scrape down the sides as the machine gets stuck. To avoid overheating the machine, turn it off and let it sit for 20 seconds every few minutes.
- Once the almonds have turned into almond meal and then begin turning into a paste, watch for the ball stage when it begins to clump together.
- At this stage, add the expresso powder, almond extract, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Process for another 3-5 minutes together, as the maple syrup causes the almond butter to seize up a bit and you want it to relax back into the ball stage.
- Taste and adjust salt if necessary, and add coconut oil to thin the nut butter if you want it more spreadable.
- Refrigerate and enjoy. It will last about 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
Nut butters are an easy thing to make at home if you have a cheap source of nuts, and the fun part is making your own flavor combinations! You can also use vanilla extract in this recipe if you don’t have almond on hand (I am just obsessed with almond flavored everything..!).
Spoons up! Dig in!