Secretly, I am hoping you haven’t decided on your cocktail recipe for tomorrow in the midst of brining a turkey, getting side dishes ready, and baking pumpkin pies. Today, I bring you a Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail that you can whip up for yourself and friends as you work in the kitchen prepping Thanksgiving or stand around the appetizer table. And some big news (read to the end!).
The best part of this cocktail magic? The base of the drink is the cranberry sauce you’re serving alongside your turkey! While this isn’t a novel idea of using jam or sauces in cocktails, I hope this gets you brainstorming for how to enjoy a delicious cocktail tomorrow. Especially for those of you cooking – you deserve it!
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1 shot bourbon whiskey
- ½ orange, juiced (about ½ cup juice)
- ½ cup sparkling water
- Orange zest and fresh cranberry garnish
- For each cocktail, add 2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce to the bottom of the glass. Add 1 shot of bourbon bourbon and the juice of half an orange to each glass, and stir together. Alternatively, add everything to a cocktail shaker and strain if you don't want the cranberry pulp.
- Taste the mixture and add a bit of sugar if the cranberry sauce was tart (I didn't find it necessary since I had a sweet orange as well).
- Drop ice cubes into the glass and top the drink with sparkling water to the rim.
- Garnish each drink with fresh cranberries and orange zest.
I am also sharing this cocktail partially as a way to let you guys know that I wish we could virtually CHEERS over the fact that Noah purchased a home (!!!). We have been house hunting since we got back from our travels in India, and are surprised to have already found a place we love and can make our own.
For the rest of the week (so happy for 4 day holiday weekends), we are swiftly moving out of our one bedroom apartment to our new home about a mile and a half away. The home was built in 1885 and needs lots of painting and fun updates. From the outside, it looks like a barn since it has a Dutch Colonial styled roof and is painted firetruck red. Oh, yes, no one will get lost trying to find our place!
P.S. Seeking any Denver recruits who want to stop by this weekend and make their mark on our house with some paint. Or heck, fly in and come visit us for the weekend!