Does chocolate combined with any other flavor need an explanation of why its delicious? Chocolate always needs a friend, whether it be peanut butter, Mexican spices, or banana ‘ice cream’!
I am sharing a new favorite combo today: Chocolate Cherry ‘Ice Cream’ with Chocolate Magic Shell.
I also realized it was high time to confess to you all that I have just started enjoying cherries – dried, fresh, and frozen. I am embarrassed to not have a single cherry recipe on this blog, so let this healthy ice cream recipe remedy the situation. I have been making this in many variations lately (including smoothie bowls!).
- 1 large banana
- ¾ cup frozen dark sweet cherries
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Slice banana into chunks and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, blend frozen banana chunks, frozen cherries, almond milk, and cocoa powder together until smooth.
- If you desire a firmer consistency, place the 'ice cream' in the freezer for 10 minutes before serving.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips halfway in the microwave or on the stove. Mix in coconut oil and stir until completely melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over your 'ice cream' and watch as it magically hardens!
So what are you waiting for? Go freeze some nanas and get your homemade magic shell ready! Coconut oil is the reason why the chocolate solidifies so quickly, as it becomes solid when cold (when it hits your homemade banana ice cream!).
What’s your favorite chocolate + cherry combination?