One bowl, No Bake Cranberry Cashew Bars: I can’t decide whether these are dessert, or just a sinfully delicious snack!
When the snacking urge strikes, I love to have something that incorporates all my favorites – sweet, salty, chewy, and creamy – and these no bake bars and ready in just a few minutes.
I bet you have all of these ingredients on hand right now. Nut butter, raw nut pieces, your favorite pre made cereal or granola, honey, and dried fruit (if not, stock your pantry!).
Take a minute to acknowledge the fact that eating these ingredients separately isn’t as awesome as together… and whip these up! They’re just too easy and perfect to have on hand.
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- ½ cup raw unsalted cashew pieces
- ½ cup pre made granola
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted cashew butter)
- In a bowl, stir together the cashew butter and the honey. Be sure to mix your cashew butter well before measuring out ½ cup in the case that the oil has risen to the top.
- Add in the crispy rice, cashew pieces, granola, dried cranberries, and salt if using, and stir well until combined.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or saran wrap and empty the contents of the bowl into it. Use an oiled spoon to press the mixture down firmly so that it is even and seems dense (you can also do this with your hands if necessary).
- Freeze the mixture for 20 minutes in the pan. Remove the pan from the freezer and lift the parchment or saran wrap out of the pan. Slice the slab into 16 bars or smaller (I preferred to cut them in half again).
Use these bars as a base for whatever nut craving strikes. I have been experimenting with cashew butter, but it’s not as common as almond or peanut butter which works just as well.
I used Love Grown Simply Oats granola for the crunch factor and to speed up making this recipe, but I bet it would be awesome with my nutty + seedy granola recipe as well.Looking for more simple mini dessert ideas? Check out my bite size snacks + treats post!