This simple Lemon Garlic Haddock recipe comes together in a flash – some lemon juice, minced garlic, and olive oil is rubbed into the fish before baking – and is perfect for topping a salad for a summer meal.
I was invigorated by the sunshine in Denver yesterday, after a few weeks of thunderstorms and rain.
Summertime gets me excited about fresh veggies and fresh flavors, and making quick healthy meals. There is nothing I love more than a piece of nicely flavored fish overtop salad greens!
This Lemon Garlic Haddock fits the bill perfectly – under 30 minutes for a high-quality, low fat protein. Haddock, similar to cod, has a clean, white flesh and should feel firm before cooking. I tried it first during my delivery of Sizzlefish, and am excited to have found another white fish I love.
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 4-ounce fillets of haddock
- Garnish of green onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a fork to mash the garlic as much as possible after mincing. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil and place the haddock on top. Divide the lemon garlic mixture overtop of both of the pieces of fish.
- Bake the fish for 20-25 minutes, until you can stick a fork into the fish and twist it and it is flaky.
- Garnish the fish with green onion and serve.
I hope you keep this quick, tasty recipe in your arsenal for this summer and beyond. You can easily substitute any mild flavored cod if you can’t find haddock easily at your grocery store.
I made a simple kale salad to go under my fish, and topped it with leftover homemade croutons and extra lemon juice.
What are some of your go-to summer meals?