Premade polenta is the shortcut that makes these Quick Shrimp Polenta Bowls with Tomato Salad a 20 minute meal! After whisking feta into the polenta, it’s topped with quick sauteed shrimp, a fresh tomato, cucumber, and pepper salad.
To serve, it’s all doused in a bit of lemon juice for a flavorful and healthy summer meal.
This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods. I was compensated for my time.
Today’s post is all about healthy meal inspiration, because sometimes we all need a reminder that dinner can be on the table in 20 minutes – faster than your favorite take-out.
There is something that feels so fancy about cooking polenta, perhaps because it serves as a flavorful base for restaurant dishes. But how many of us want to stir cornmeal, standing over the stove, for 45 minutes this summer? *Crickets*.
Today, I’m showing you how I use a pre-made version by Pacific Foods as the fluffy and flavorful base to these Quick Shrimp Polenta Bowls with Tomato Salad. Juicy and zesty shrimp, crunchy veggies, and the warm creamy polenta are a match made in 20-minute-dinner-heaven.
- 17 ounces Pacific Foods Original Polenta
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- ½ of a small cucumber
- ½ of an orange pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 16-20 medium sized shrimp
- ½ small lemon
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Cut polenta into ½ inch cubes and place in a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Slowly simmer over low heat and break it apart, stirring until smooth. Stir in feta cheese and set aside.
- In the meantime, dice cucumber, orange pepper, and halve tomatoes.
- In a lightly oiled pan, cook shrimp with salt and pepper for 1-2 minutes per side until pink throughout.
- Split the polenta between two bowls and top with chopped vegetables and shrimp. Squeeze the juice of ½ a small lemon on top of each bowl and garnish with basil.
Pacific Foods just launched a new line of ready-made polenta varieties, from roasted garlic and herb to jalapeño cheddar, and I have enjoyed incorporating these into nights when I’m short on time and needing inspiration.
Looking for more polenta recipes? Try my Crisp Tossed Salad with Polenta Croutons!