Creamy and dreamy, this vegan Mocha Freeze dessert smoothie recipe tastes like a decadent dessert. With a base of frozen banana, coffee, almond butter, and a touch of maple syrup, you’ll turn to this recipe over and over to satisfy your sweet tooth.
It’s old news that frozen bananas, coffee, almond butter, and maple syrup are vital components of my diet.
But until now, they hadn’t been blended up in one swoop to create a creamy, frosty-esque dessert smoothie. Winner, winner!
I have been obsessing over this recipe for awhile now – and while I don’t make this on a daily basis, it’s a great alternative to ice cream or another decadent treat.
While I believe in eating what your body is craving, I like to keep my sweet tooth in check with whole ingredients in this Mocha Freeze dessert smoothie.
Play with this smoothie as you please!
- I used chia seeds, almond butter, and frozen banana to thicken it up
- Ice to create a bit of that ‘frosty’ texture
- Banana and maple to sweeten
- Cocoa and vanilla for that milkshake flavor!
Garnish with coconut cream (whip it for coconut whip!) and sprinkles or even chocolate chips for an indulgent treat.
- ½ cup almond milk (or other milk)
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee, cold
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Optional garnish: coconut whipped cream, sprinkles
- Soak ½ cup milk of choice with ½ teaspoon chia seeds for at least 20 minutes and up to overnight, refrigerated. Freeze a banana and make extra coffee if you need as well.
- When you are ready to make your mocha freeze, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until combined. Adjust sweetness and thickness as desired.
- Serve plain or topped with coconut whipped cream and sprinkles.
Since I am a fan of decaf coffee in the evenings every once and awhile, I’ve also been known to make this smoothie with decaf so the buzz doesn’t keep me awake if I want to have it in the late afternoon.
Omit the coffee and you still have a fantastic chocolate dessert smoothie! I find that the chia seeds and almond butter help with keeping me full, so I am satisfied at the end of this smoothie (or can share for a smaller portion!) and don’t keep reaching into the bag of chocolate chips.
Don’t forget the sprinkles, and let’s cheers to getting another week going on the right foot.