This Cucumber Honey Lemonade recipe is a refreshing mix of cucumber juice and lemon juice, naturally sweetened with honey. Stir it up!
Hi friends and happy halfway through July! Make some of this lemonade and let’s sit down to chat for a bit? It’s hot out, and you need some sweet and cooling hydration.
I am currently getting ready for my mid-summer vacation starting tomorrow: a short trip to Glacier National Park in Montana! I have dreamed of visiting since I traveled in Chile’s Patagonia region, where I met other American tourists who scorned me for not having spent enough time visiting our own national parks. Thanks guys – I’m working on it.
I have been bubbling with ideas lately for this little space, yet somehow this summer has gotten busier than anticipated. I’ll catch you all up in a What I Ate post soon, but it feels strange to already be celebrating my birthday tomorrow and be moving in a month. Trying not to freak out yet !!
This Cucumber Honey Lemonade is an idea I’ve had on my list of recipes to make for awhile, and I finally got around to testing it this week with the hot weather we’ve had.
Refreshing and tart from the lemons, and cooling and hydrating from the cucumbers – you’ll keep this idea in your back pocket for a creative twist on a favorite summer drink. I wouldn’t judge if a sip or two of vodka made its way into one of these for an afternoon happy hour!
- 1 cup cucumber juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 7 cups water, divided
- ¾ cup honey
- Ice for serving
- Make cucumber juice by juicing 1 large cucumber. Alternatively, you can blend up a cucumber in the blender and strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and get rid of the pulp.
- Squeeze lemons until you have 1 cup of lemon juice. I used 6 large juicy lemons.
- In a pitcher, combine the cucumber juice, lemon juice, and 5 cups of cold water.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the honey and 2 cups of warm water. Whisk together until the honey has dissolved into the water, and then add it to the large pitcher.
- Serve cold with lots of ice.
We’ll catch up more soon! Now, to go pack for my trip and sip on another batch of this lemonade.
Follow me on Instagram (@uprootfromor) to follow my Glacier National Park adventures!