This Creamy Greek Yogurt Dip for Veggies takes your favorite traditional cream cheese laden dip upside-down without any sacrifice of flavor! With grated zucchini, fresh herbs, and lemon juice mixed in, you can use this as an appetizer, a dip for snack dinners, or a sandwich spread.
I can’t remember the last time I made a creamy dip for you guys (unless you count my Tofu Pesto Spread, which is vegan and awesome!).
With all the fresh veggies I’ve been picking up lately at the farmers market, I needed a new vehicle beyond hummus to scoop + enjoy alongside raw veggies. I wanted something that felt luxurious and full-bodied in your mouth, with enough fat to satisfy you during a snack.
Meet this Greek Yogurt Dip – a blend of half low fat Neufchatel cream cheese with full fat Greek yogurt. The tangy flavor of Greek yogurt balances the overwhelming creaminess of a traditional cream cheese dip, so we can scoop away (ratio of 1 itty bitty carrot to 1/4 cup dip, approximately).
To add flavor and further bulk up this recipe, I grated a zucchini and added fresh chopped green onion, rosemary, and thyme to this creamy veggie dip. The resulting flavor with a squeeze of lemon juice is addicting!
The best part? This is a super versatile recipe. Use it as a sandwich spread, as an appetizer dip, or as part of a snacky dinner when you’re too lazy to heat up the kitchen! Alongside these crispy and light Artisan Multi-Seed Nut Thins, I served my dip with some extra sweet baby carrots, radishes, and sliced cucumber.
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese
- ½ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large green onion
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Scant ⅛ of a teaspoon salt
- Sliced Vegetables
- Blue Diamond Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins
- Add 4 ounces of Neufchatel cheese to a mixing bowl (usually ½ of an 8 ounce package) along with the plain Greek yogurt. Let this mixture sit out to warm and soften while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Grate the zucchini over a different bowl. Using paper towels, squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchini until mostly dry. The remaining zucchini pulp should measure to around ½ cup.
- Mince the scallion and fresh herbs.
- Using a fork, mash together the Neufchatel cheese, Greek yogurt, and grated zucchini until combined. Add in the minced green onion and herbs.
- Squeeze 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into the mixture and add salt. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve chilled with sliced fresh vegetables and Blue Diamond Multi-Seed Artisan Nut Thins.
What summer recipes are you relying on these days to get you through the crazy heat? Do you love creamy dips or prefer to eat your veggies naked?
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Nut Thins. I was compensated for my time, and all opinions are my own.