My Single Serving Apple Pie Overnight Oats is a sweet fall breakfast idea you can prep in 5 minutes the night before! Personalize it in the morning with your favorites – from granola, more chopped fruit, nuts, seeds, and spices.
I always come back to it, each fall: Oatmeal. Hearty enough to keep me full for a few hours, creamy enough to make my dessert-like breakfast cravings at bay, and customizable beyond belief – including the option to have it hot or cold.
Since discovering overnight oatmeal (sharing a vegan chocolate banana version + a chia blueberry pie version), I haven’t been able to stop with the flavor variations. I wanted to share another delicious creation with you today: a single serving recipe for apple pie overnight oats.
Mix it up in a jar or a measuring cup like below and stick it in the fridge for the next morning!
I love the cool, creamy consistency of the cold oatmeal with the sweet bites of apple – and I finally came around to experimenting with yogurt in this version. Bring on the extra cinnamon!
This has been a great transition to fall breakfasts, since Berkeley’s high temps have been sticking around. California eventually gets cold… right?
- ½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ small apple, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional garnish of apple, granola, walnuts and cinnamon
- In a container, combine all ingredients by stirring well and refrigerate overnight or at least up to 5 hours.
- When ready to enjoy, stir the ingredients again and add your garnishes of choice - additional milk to thin the overnight oatmeal, additional chopped apples, granola, walnuts, and cinnamon.
I topped mine with some Love Grown Apple Walnut Delight granola clusters.
If you have the chance to make your own granola and have some extra apples laying around, my Apple Pie Granola would be a game changer!