This Chickpea Salad with Apples, Celery and Walnuts is a great packable lunch option, afternoon snack, or simple fall appetizer.
There is nothing better than a meal that takes just a few minutes to prep, and I am over the moon excited to share this new chickpea salad with you guys for an easy packable lunch idea or fall appetizer.
I teamed up with 34 Degrees to share this recipe using their 34° Natural Crisps. I have long been a fan of their thin and crispy Australian-style crisps, and of their local Denver roots! Their crisps are the perfect versatile canvas for bringing forward the flavors of this chickpea salad- a light and crunchy alternative to bread.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by 34 Degrees as part of an ongoing partnership. I was compensated for my time, and all opinions are my own.
Similar in consistency to an egg or tuna salad mashed with mayonnaise, this vegetarian chickpea salad binds together into a creamy, zesty mix thanks to a mix of greek yogurt and dijon mustard. It gets crunch and additional flavor from diced celery, apple, onion, and walnuts.
I like to blend it about halfway to leave some whole chickpeas for additional texture, but play with the add-ins and see what you like! Get crazy and sprinkle some hemp seeds or sunflower seeds for another pop.
- ¼ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon stoneground Dijon mustard
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely diced apple
- 2 tablespoons diced raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely diced white onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 34 Degrees Natural Crisps
- In a bowl, combine plain Greek yogurt and mustard.
- Add in the drained and rinsed chickpeas, and mash them about halfway.
- Finely dice your celery, apple, walnuts, and onion. Stir them into the mixture.
- Add salt, and fresh pepper if desired. Serve on top of 34 Degrees Natural Crisps.
Whether you’re looking for an everyday vegetarian lunch option or a light appetizer idea for holiday get togethers, this Chickpea Salad with Apples, Celery, and Walnuts won’t disappoint.
P.S. Use 34 Degrees’ store locator to find some crisps near you! I’ve seen them in my local Whole Foods, Berkeley Bowl, and Target. You can also find them on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for more great recipes and entertaining tips.