This Mediterranean Appetizer Plate is the perfect spread for last-minute get togethers or holiday entertaining. Stock up on the non-perishable items listed and you’ll be able to whip up an appetizer plate on the fly next time you have company!
I’m back with a second post in conjunction with 34° Crisps (see the first here), sharing this Mediterranean Appetizer Plate that you can pull together solely from non-perishable pantry items. This is a game changer.
From what I know about you guys, you love trying new recipes and finding time-saving ideas. Today, I’m mashing these things up, and sharing this simple appetizer plate idea that will please your palate while taking some stress off the holiday season.
I can see this Mediterranean appetizer plate coming in handy for many situations… Family members swing by the house with 20 minutes notice? You decide to invite a group of friends over last minute before going to an event together? Your mother-in-law asks you to prep appetizers for the holiday party in less than 1 hour? We got this.
The basics of the plate are some of my favorite Mediterranean-inspired delicacies: tangy olives, sweet dried figs, crunchy almonds, roasted red pepper strips, creamy white bean hummus, some pesto for spreading, and the bold, snackable flavors of 34° Cracked Pepper Crisps and 34° Rosemary Crisps.
Flavor explosions, I’m telling you!
No one will miss the cheese, and no one needs to know you pulled this all out of your pantry 15 minutes before they arrived. Even the included white bean hummus recipe below is simplified to use items from your pantry, and you can easily just mash the ingredients instead of pureeing to save additional time.
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 cup dried whole figs
- 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 10-ounce jar whole artichoke hearts, drained
- 5-ounce jar mixed Mediterranean olives
- 2 ounces jarred basil pesto
- 34 Degrees Cracked Pepper Crisps
- 34 Degrees Rosemary Crisps
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Set out a large cutting board or serving platter. Place almonds and figs down, and use small bowls or plates to contain roasted red pepper strips, artichoke hearts, olives (with an additional vessel for pits), and basil pesto. Add 34 Degrees Crisps to the platter.
- In a food processor or by hand mashing, blend together the ingredients for white bean hummus and add it to a serving bowl.
- Include serving utensils and toothpicks if desired.
Now comes the fun part – enjoy the party!
Some of me and my friends’ favorite crisps combinations were 34° Cracked Pepper Crisps with white bean hummus spread and roasted red pepper strips, and 34° Rosemary Crisps topped with a bit of white bean hummus and a dollop of pesto or tangy artichoke heart.
P.S. Don’t forget to stock up on wine when you stock up your pantry with these ideas for quick entertaining! I hope this gives you inspiration for holiday parties from the pantry.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by 34 Degrees as part of an ongoing partnership. I was compensated for my time, and all opinions are my own. Use 34 Degrees’ store locator to find some crisps near you. For more recipes and entertaining tips, find them on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.