This Quinoa Almond Crunch Granola is perfect over a bowl of yogurt or a thick smoothie, or served with berries and milk.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. I was compensated for my time.
I can’t get enough of the crunch that comes with roasting quinoa as part of granola!
Testing this recipe was the second time I’ve tried making granola with other added grains alongside old fashioned oatmeal, and now I’m excited to continue experimenting. There’s no cooking needed for the oats or the quinoa – just your basic stir and dump granola.
With the warming flavors of cinnamon, vanilla, and maple syrup, this Quinoa Almond Crunch Granola is going to be your new favorite cereal to sprinkle over everything.
I love the crunch from larger pieces of nuts, so I chopped up some Roasted Salted Blue Diamond Almonds and pressed them into the granola after baking. There is also no stirring at all for this granola recipe, which helps it clump up.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil (or other oil)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup Roasted Salted Blue Diamond Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine oats, dry quinoa, cinnamon,vanilla, and salt. Add in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the granola out on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet, and bake for 28-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop almonds into pieces.
- Remove the granola from the oven and press the chopped almonds into the top of the hot granola. Let it cool to room temperature before enjoying.
Feel free to toss in your favorite dried fruit or seeds as well for an easy way to change up this recipe!