This Tropical Papaya Smoothie is a delicious and fresh summer sipper that will cool you down with the flavors of papaya, coconut, banana and lime.Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, the official sponsor of USA Volleyball.
Many of you know about my new love affair with papaya. As I struggled through spring allergies this season, I got desperate and started loading up on antihistamine foods to help avoid my sensitive skin issues that resurface now and then. One of the antihistamine foods I discovered was papaya, originally grown in southern Mexico but now also grown in Hawaii and all over South America.
Many people enjoy ripe chilled papaya – sliced open, seeds scooped out and discarded, and then topped with a drizzle of lime juice. Simple and delicious.
While I loved this combination, I couldn’t help but want to throw the whole thing in the blender to make a creamy, decadent-seeming smoothie treat. That’s how this Tropical Papaya Smoothie was served up as a healthy, filling snack or treat.
The ingredient run-down → Frozen banana (my smoothie staple for sweetness and thickness), 1/2 of a fresh chilled papaya, Almond Breeze Almond/Coconutmilk Blend, shredded coconut (!! so good), lime juice and ice.
Start your blenders.
- ½ papaya, chilled
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, or more to taste
- 3 (or more) ice cubes
- Scoop out the seeds of the papaya with a spoon and remove the flesh from the skin.
- In a high powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Adjust lime juice to taste and serve immediately, topped with extra shredded coconut.
Question: Are you on team fruit smoothie or team green smoothie? I’ve been forgoing spinach lately since I haven’t been buying it, and it’s nice to see my smoothies in hues other than green. Loving this pink color!