As the healthy recipe developer and food photographer behind Uproot Kitchen, a recipe development website inspiring others to eat well, I would love to work with you to develop your brand and expose your products that fit into my healthy lifestyle. Read more about Marisa, the author, here.
What started as my quest to share recipes with family and friends turned into a life changing journey to make healthy delicious. I now use this website to share my healthy recipes, kitchen tips, DIY kitchen staples and urban garden posts. I focus on balanced meals, healthy treats, and overall mind and body wellness.
My recipes have been featured in Raw Food Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Active.com, BuzzFeed Food, The Huffington Post, My FitnessPal, and other sites. I have created recipe content for companies such as Pacific Foods, Blue Diamond Almonds, NOW Foods, Justin’s, LiveWell Colorado, 34 Degrees Crisps, and Nancy’s Yogurt, among others.
Recipe Development and Photography: Looking for budget friendly, healthy and accessible recipes featuring your company’s brand or product? I would love to create recipes for your customers, with food photography included, for a sponsored recipe post.
Freelance Creative Services: I am available for recipe development, article or blog post writing, as well as food photography and social media consultations. Inquire for samples of this type of work from newspapers, client websites, and social media channels.
Social Media Promotion: Have a healthy + delicious product that’s a good fit for my readers? I can help you expand the reach of your product and promote it via my social media outlets.
Brand Ambassador: I love working with healthy food companies, whether you are looking for regular social media promotion, a blog post series, or feedback from influencers on new products.
Feel free to contact me and I can provide my media kit with my monthly readership statistics, social media reach, and pricing information. Thanks for your interest in collaborating!
- National Nutrition Month (Pistachio Health Institute)
- Raw Food Recipes from Around The World (Raw Food Magazine)
- Cheesy Stuffed Peppers with Zucchini and Corn (Pacific Foods’ Featured Blogger)
- 19 Presents You Can Make, Gift, and Eat! (Delish.com)
- 5 Healthy Appetizers for Holiday Entertaining (Active.com)
- Healthy Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes (Active.com)
- 15 Quick and Easy High-Protein Snacks (Daily Burn)
- 11 Healthy Zucchini Recipes For Low-Carb Meals (Daily Burn)
- Bored With Brown Rice? Try These 5 High-Fiber Alternatives (Everyday Health)
- Healthy Bulgur Recipes For Every Meal Of The Day (Fitness Magazine)
- 15 Christmas Cookie Recipes You Won’t Believe Are Healthy (Brit + Co)
- 17 Savory Brunch Pies That Will Warm You Up (Brit + Co)
- Global Pulse Confederation Gourmet Guru (Pulses.org)
- Greek Veggie Pita Sandwich with Parsley Tzatziki (Dr. Praeger’s)
- Berkeleyside Nosh Seasonal Recipe Contributor (Independent News Site – Berkeley, CA)
- Cooking In Season Column, Features Editor (Healthy Aperture)
BuzzFeed Food Round-Ups
- 25 Delicious Dinners You Can Make With Ground Beef Or Turkey
- 23 Easy and Inexpensive Meals You Can Make With Pita Bread
- 23 Skillet Cakes That Anyone Can Make
- 17 Delicious Ways To Eat Fruit For Breakfast
- 37 Fruity Dinners To Make Before Summer Is Over
- 22 Easy And Delicious Chia Pudding Recipes
- 17 Mouthwatering Risottos Guaranteed To Change Your Life
- 21 Amazing Cocktails For Anyone Who Loves Citrus
- Healthy Bites – 30 Protein and Energy Ball Recipes
- Comfort Food at Its Finest – Healthier Casseroles
- Cozy and Warm Drinks for Fall
- 22 Sweet Holiday Recipes to Enjoy and Exchange
- Recipes with Superfood Oatmeal
- Dutch Oven Recipes
- 21 Healthy Hummus Recipes
- DIY Homemade Healthier Salad Dressings
- Low Carb Recipes
- 13 Healthy Meals to Make Ahead Of Time
- Healthy Muffin Recipes
- 26 Healthy Ice Cream Recipes
MyFitnessPal Recipe Contributor
- 10 Easy, Crowd-Pleasing Casseroles- Under 400 Calories
- 15 Delicious Breakfast-For-Dinner Dishes Under 400 Calories
- 10 Easy Chunky Chili Recipes Under 360 Calories
- 15 Dishes That Will Change How You Think About Veggies
- 15 Freezer-Friendly Dishes For Busy Days
- Easy Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Cheese and Zucchini Quesadilla
- Baked Cod with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- Kale and Tortellini Soup